Thursday, December 1, 2011

Potato Crockpot Soup

5 lbs of Russet potatoes, washed but not peeled. Diced into 1/2 in cubes
1 large yellow onion, diced (use as much or little onion as you like)
10 cloves of garlic, whole (I use about 6)
8 cups of chicken stock
16 oz cream cheese
1 tbs seasoned salt or all purpose seasoning

Garnishes:

Crumbled Bacon
Shredded Cheese
Green Onions

Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning and chicken stock to slow cooker. Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours. (When I halved this reciped it took less time to cook about 1-2 hours less.)
Remove and puree the garlic cloves along with 1/2 to 1/3 of the soup and the cream cheese. Then reintroduce to the remainder in the crock pot.
Stir until the soup is well blended.
Serve with your choice of garnishes.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love potato soup, I am going to try that one! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete