Sunday, January 15, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies of the Moment

These cookies are from the sister's cafe website, and they are my kids favorite right now. They make a ton, I usually half the recipe or freeze the other half in ready to bake balls. We love to eat these hot out of the oven with ice cream and homemade chocolate sauce. I also love that they don't have any shortneing in them! Don't try to bake without refrigerating first, they don't turn out as well.

Laura's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups butter
2 c. white sugar
2 c. brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
5 c. oatmeal-measure then blend to flour in food processor
24 oz. chocolate chips

Mix butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Blend all ingredients in a separate bowl. Add to wet ingredients and mix until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Chill for an hour or so. Bake in a preheated 375 oven for 10 min. It is important not to overcook, I bake mine until barely brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment