
I got this recipe from Southern Living, and I was hooked. It was so quick and tasted delicious. If you serve it right away, it's consistency is like a thick milkshake, or you can serve it after it has been frozen a few hours to make it harder. I like to add crushed up oreos to make cookies and cream!
Makes 1 Quart, I usually double for my 4 quart ice cream maker.
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
5 oz. evaporated milk
2 TBLSP sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 c. whole milk
Whisk all ingredients until blended, cover and chill 30 min. (sometimes I skip this if I am in a hurry). Pour into freezer container of ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers instructions.
NO COOK CHOCOLATE
Omit sugar, vanilla, and whole milk. Add 2 c. chocolate milk and 2/3 c. chocolate syrup. proceed as directed.
NO COOK PEACH
Omit vanilla and sugar, reduce whole milk to 1 1/4 c. Process 4 peeled, ripe peaches or 15 oz. canned peaches, drained, with 2 TBLS sugar, 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice, and 1/4 tsp salt in food processor until smooth. Stir into milk mixture with 3/4 c peach nectar. Proceed as directed.
NO COOK STRAWBERRY
Omit vanilla and reduce whole milk to 1 1/2 c. Process 16 oz fresh strawberries or 16 oz frozen strawberries with 2 TBLSP lemon juice and 1/4 tsp salt in food processor until well blended. Stir into milk mixture.
NO COOK COCONUT
Omit vanilla and sugar, reduce whole milk to 1/2 c. Whisk 13.5 oz coconut milk, 2 TBLSP fresh lemon juice, and 1/4 tsp salt into milk mixture. Serve with toasted coconut, shaved chocolate, or chopped macadamia nuts. For a TROPICAL SUNDAE, top with sliced bananas, mango slices, and pineapple chunks.
No comments:
Post a Comment