
Ever since my sister went to Italy and tried Nutella Crescent Rolls and brought them home to us, we have been hooked on Nutella. When I saw the recipe for this ice cream, I knew I had to try it, and it is easy and so yummy! I doubled it to fit into our ice cream maker.
2 c. whole milk
1 c. heavy cream
1/2 c. sugar, plus 1/4 c.
4 egg yolks
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c. Nutella
Combine milk, cream, and 1/2 c. sugar over medium heat in saucepan. Cook until sugar dissolves, about 5 min. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl whip the egg yolks with remaining sugar using an electric mixer until the eggs have become thick and pale yellow, about 4 minutes. Pour 1/2 c. of the warm cream and milk mixture into egg mixture and stir. Add this mixture back to the sauce pan. Cook over very low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture becomes thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 7-10 min. Stir in vanilla and Nutella until it dissolves, a whisk really helps. Chill mixture completely before pouting into an ice cream maker and freezing according to directions. Recipe from Giada De Laurentis
No comments:
Post a Comment